Office Night out in London – How to Organise
Christmas Party? Leaving Do? New contract win? Team building? We get lots of groups at the Ceilidh Club and having talked with 100’s of people about organising an office night out in London we have come up with some points to help you.
There are lots of reasons to socialise with your workmates but organising an office night out in London can be time consuming and stressful and let’s guess…. you don’t have much time and you certainly don’t need any more stress in your life…..so check out the 10 points below and steal some time back for yourself.
10 tips to help you organise your office night out in London
- Decide on what you want to do. Ask round the office for people to give you ideas of great nights out they have had. Spend 10 minutes searching alternative things to do in London. Find something that tickles your fancy. Try to get a list of no more than 3-5.
- Decide if you want to invite another department / company to share the fun.
- Ask your boss if there is any budget for this. The company can always make a contribution if they don’t want to pay for the whole thing.
- Form a poll – use something like Survey Monkey or Poll Maker to find out what comes out top.
- Contact the venue and see if they will give you a discount if you bring x number of people (make x around 75% of your colleagues.) If you can do during the week, you’ll get a better price.
- Use software such as Doodle to find out the best dates for people. It is unlikely you will be able to get everyone, so maybe plan it for further away or start planing now for the one after.
- Generally when a venue and date has been set you will get some people who are ‘definite’ and some who are ‘maybes’. Book the tickets for the people who are definite as you don’t want to miss out while waiting for the others. Let the ‘maybes’ know how to go about booking tickets.
- Find out if you can book all the tickets in one person’s name – this will make it easier and all you need do is tell your party the name it is booked under.
- Depending on the size of the group and the organisation required you can form a Facebook group or an event.
- The better organised your occasion is the more fun it is going to be for everyone. The organiser can help to develop the evening but you don’t want to spend the entire night on your phone liaising with people who went to the wrong venue etc.
We hope that this has made it easier for you to arrange an Office Night out in London. The Ceilidh Club tries to give the best 3 hours of entertainment in London, so if you want to bring your colleagues down then we’ll work out a deal for you. Just drop us a line